“Intro to pair-programming, Test-Driven Development and Continuous Refactoring”
A coding Dojo is a fun and social way to become a better programmer. In the workshop you will get to try out pair-programming, test-driven development and continuous refactoring for yourself and you get lots of recommendations on how to improve your coding and testing. You will need to bring your own computer with a development environment of your choice.
- Live Demo of Test Driven Development. We will code Minesweeper in Java following the principles of pair programming and TDD. (Between: 30-45min)
- Group discussion about mastering the code & working together
- Hands-on exercise: Leap Year where we will polish TDD rhythm and pair programming manners.
- Sum up: How do we learn? How do we code? Code ethics.
- Laptop & charger
- Install Java from java.com.
Please try to install the newest Java version, but not Java 14 since it is still in beta.
- The code editor you feel comfortable with
Note: Our main language will be Java, but if you prefer to code in C#, it is also okay.
You just need to pair with another C# enthusiast
Duration 11:30 - 14:00